What would be your idea of a fun date night? It doesn’t have to be dinner out.
Depending on where you live, you may not even be able to go out because of the spread of the Delta variant of Covid. So if you have to stay home, how can you make it fun? If you go out, what can you think of to make it special? How can you add to the atmosphere? In what ways can you make it different?
Some Ideas for a Fun Date Night at Home
- You could try having dinner under a canopy or in a tent in a room you would not usually eat in.
- A shared candlelit bath might be a fun way to have dinner!
- You could hide little treats and have a treasure hunt.
- Trying different foods that you have never tasted before might be interesting.
- Make up your own recipes and cook together.
If you Can go out, Plan a Fun Evening
I am lucky enough to live in a country where we can safely go out at the moment. If you are able to go out, the possibilities really are endless.
Traditionally people used to go out dancing and this will always be a fun thing to do. Catching a movie is also very traditional and is a sure way to be alone together. But here are some more ideas to try out:
- Go to an Escape Room
- Learn a new skill or hobby together
- Practice a different sport that you have never tried before
- Explore a new town or piece of countryside
- Do something creative, such as art or poetry writing
- Visit a tourist attraction you’ve never been to
Sit down together and make a list of ideas that you would like to try out and work through them. Don’t be afraid of things that are unfamiliar to you. Even if you find them hard at first, you might actually enjoy them. And if not, they can certainly be something to laugh about in the future. The main thing is to spice it up a little so that you stay interested and have a romantic evening.
For free marriage tips follow me on Instagram.
To find out about my relationship coaching see my website.